Thursday, July 2, 2026

New Classroom Tour - Before

Happy July!
I officially have 25 days of summer left before I head back for the 2026-2027 school year and begin my new adventure as a K-5 Moderate/Severe ID teacher! 💙
We finally got the all-clear that we can start working in our classrooms next week, so I'll be heading in on Monday to begin setting everything up!
This video shows my classroom after I moved all of my supplies in at the end of last school year. It's definitely a blank canvas, and now comes the fun (and slightly overwhelming!) part... figuring out the layout.



Here's what I know I'll have from the school:
1 kidney table
A couple of student desks
     1 cubby shelf

Here is what I will have from my own storage:
    1 nine-cube organizer
    1 eight-cube organizer
    3 small Sterilite 3-drawer towers
    2 wide Sterilite 3-drawer towers

I'm hoping I'll also be able to get a few tables for my students and a desk for my para, but I won't know until I get there.
Right now, I'm thinking:
Whole-group meeting area near the Smart Board
Calming/sensory library space by the back window
A workspace for my para near the backpack area
My teacher workspace near the bulletin boards in the back

I'd love your ideas!
If you've taught in a self-contained classroom (or even if you just have a great eye for organization), how would you arrange the room? What classroom layout has worked best for youI can't wait to share the transformation over the next few weeks!





No comments:

Post a Comment